Thursday, November 29, 2007

Looking My Fear in It's Face

Well, folks, I have decided to take another step in the direction I want to go. Tomorrow (Nov 30, 2007) I will begin taking my Chantix to help me quit smoking. On the eighth day (Saturday Dec. 8, 2008) I will throw out any remaining cigarettes.
Honestly, I don't think anything has terrified me this much in a long time. As much as I really want to quit, I know my willpower to be one of my weakest links. I've been so afraid of failing that I haven't had the courage to even try.
So, if change is what I truly desire, then this needs to be my next step...to look my fear in it's face!
I think Eleanor Roosevelt says it best.......

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." ...You must do the thing you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)


3 comments:

maggie said...

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking! Chantix helped me tremendously. Of course, my cooperation was required, but it definitely made it easier than past quits. I've been blogging about it from the start, and today is 166 days (who's counting). Blogging and reading other people's experiences has helped lots. I wish you the best of luck, and I'll be reading along. I've linked to tons of other Chantix bloggers over on my blog, so if you find that kind of reading helpful, there's certainly lots to choose from.

Cheryl said...

Thank you for finding me and encouraging me on my quest for a smoke free life! While scared totally to death about failing, I really want to do this!! So, I believe I'll be reading up on you for support! Thanks!

Candace said...

I know you can do this sis!!