Sunday, December 9, 2007

Big Step (taken with many baby steps!)

Tomorrow begins my first day as a non-smoker. You may have noticed I've changed my quit date. I will be still living with two smokers and I decided not to place the pressure on myself for my first day of quitting, so I postponed it for Monday, December 10th.
I'm hoping to have a good start to quitting because I will sleep for 7 hours and then my work day begins at 6:00 am and I won't be done till 9:00 pm, so that's 15 hours of being busy! So, if I combine my sleep & work hours, that's a total of 22 hours of being smoke free!! Yee-haw!!! Won't that be an awesome start!
I'm not oblivious to the fact that it's still going to be a bumpy ride! But I do have friends & family who are behind me, supporting me all the way!

"As a single footstep will not make a path on the
earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in
the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again
and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think
over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate
our lives."

- Henry David Thoreau
(1817-1862)


3 comments:

maggie said...

Wishing you the best of luck! Deep breaths and water helped me lots those first days (well, that and the Chantix, blogging and my fellow bloggers). You can do this!

Candace said...

I was thinking of you today. I know it's your starting date and I'm wondering how you are doing. You can do this. No, sugar coating here...it will be hard, but I know you are strong and will succeed. Love ya sis!

Oh and I LOVE that saying you put in your last entry here...it's words are very true.

Crystal said...

I have been thinking of you alot lately and I know you can do this. You have done much harder things in your life and you are STRONG. It won't be easy but you are right you have many friends and family to help give encouragement. We LOVE you sis!