Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Journey Resumes

It's time for an update. My journey to being smoke-free has resumed. It's been 13 days since my last cigarette and at the moment, I'm not missing them at all! Must admit though, the first few days this time around were definitely much harder than the first time I quit. Dummy me, just HAD to have a smoke!! Yes well!
I've joined the fitness group at work, so I've begun introducing real exercise into my life. I say 'real' because my job requires me to be on my feet 90% of the day~ walking, bending, stretching~ but not in an aerobic/cardio way! So the weight (and the waist) keeps increasing. Thus! The need for exercise!
Oh! Back in March, I had a delicious visit with two of my sisters for a whole weekend! What an amazing way to relax, rejuvenate and revive one's soul, spirit, and body! Thank you Sisters!


Herodotus (484 BC - 430 BC), The Histories of Herodotus

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Welcome back sis! I am so proud of you. You will succeed at both and reap great rewards! The page looks great and refreshing. Hope to see you more often.

Candace said...

I'm so-o-o jealous. I want to join the gym...boo-hoo. :( But, I'm thrilled you get to do such a great thing for yourself sis. I was wondering if it was going to be a bit harder with the smoking the second time around. I'm happy you're trying again and I'm sure you will succeed.

Nikki Sunday said...

hey cheryl!
This is Nikki. I didn't even know this was your blog! hehe..how's life?

check my blog out on my moms or candy's blog...it's Becoming More..than I'll ever be.